SPA Annual Scholarship
Sequoia Paralegal Association is pleased to announce the Sequoia Paralegal Association Scholarship. SPA will be awarding two scholarships consisting of $250.00 per award. The scholarships will be awarded to persons in their last year pursuing their paralegal certificate through College of the Sequoias. This scholarship is not based on financial needs and is intended as reimbursement for paralegal education. In addition, a one-year student membership to SPA will be awarded to each scholarship recipient.
Scholarship applications are due: July 1st; scholarships will be awarded at our September Meeting.
- Currently enrolled in the Paralegal program at the College of the Sequoias.
- Have already taken 20 paralegal units towards their paralegal certificate in the past three years.
Complete the Applicant Information Sheet and attach your essay. Submit your Applicant Information Sheet and Essay before July 1st to the SPA Scholarship Committee, P.O. Box 2483, Visalia, CA 93279.
ESSAY JUDGING CRITERIA:
The Scholarship Committee will consider, in no particular order.
- Did the response address all of the questions
- Writing and grammar skills
- Quality, appropriateness, clarity, professionalism and realism of applicant’s essay of response
Paralegals are often described as people who are:
- Detail oriented
- Able to handle stress
There are other traits that a paralegal must possess to succeed in the legal profession. Identify five (5) other personality traits a paralegal should have, and demonstrate (with examples) how you possess these characteristics.